Thursday, January 23, 2014

Another Finished Piece!

I know...I know...it's been like, forever...OK maybe a week or so...but still...yeah I HAVE been busy...working on the baby blanket that is NOW FINISHED!!

*the crowd cheers*

I bet you want to see it, right?

*more cheering and "yes, yes!" heard from all sides*

OK, here we go!





TA-DA!! Me, personally? I think it's one of my best works so far.  I love the colors. I love the waves, even though I don't think the original pattern intended it, the way I made it, that's how it came out.  and I LOVE it!

I showed my cousin the outcome and she was so happy with it.  I am so glad!  I can't wait to put her box together.  Only one more thing, and it will take a few days, and is a surprise.  So I won't post pictures until I know she's gotten the package once I send it out.

OTHER NEWS:

FGG - For the past 2 years, in the Spring, I have attended a Pagan festival here in Northern Virginia.  It's called Fertile Ground Gathering, and it's a fantastic experience.  I have been staff since I started attending, and will be again this year, my third year.  Not only will I be working in the Children's Tent, but this year, I am taking another bold step:  teaching crochet.  Well, I'm going to try.  I am in the middle of writing up a proposal to teach a "weaving with intent" class.  I hope it is accepted and I can do it, because it would be great to share my skill and love of this craft with others who want to learn!  Keep your fingers crossed!

Craft Exchange -  Some Facebook friends and I are doing a craft exchange.  I've been trying to figure out what projects to do for those I am sending things to, and I think I know what to make.  Obviously it will be crocheted, but there are so many possibilities out there!  Thank the Gods for Pinterest!  It's been a good inspiration for me! :)

That's it for now, I think.  Battling a cold and this Polar Vortex that has cancelled school all this week so far.  Crocheting and the internet are keeping me sane, along with lots of tea!

I'll post again soon.

Happy Weaving!

~Moxie

 P.S.  If you are interested in the pattern for the baby blanket, I got it HERE but I would like to add that I used  a size I (5.5 mm) hook to achieve the gauge of the squares called for in the pattern.  I'm not sure where they came up with G (4 mm) for that, but no way was a G ever going to make that unless extra rows were added...anyway, pattern linked if you want to give it a go!  ~M




1 comment:

  1. Heather... I am so envious of your talent! The blanket is beautiful and I'm sure it will be well loved :)

    ReplyDelete