Friday, January 3, 2014

Progress and Non-Progress in the New Year

It's 2014, and I've already completed one project! YAY!

Last night I finished a request hat for the cousin's baby.  And I started on the blanket.  I love the way the hat came out, so freaking adorable!

The blanket, however, has been a bit of a pill.  The pattern I found calls for  G (4 mm) hook.  Ok, fair
enough, that I can do.  I made a mistake and had to pull it out and start again, no big dea, it happens...luckily I was only in the 3rd round. So I make the first square nice and perfect, and measure for gauge. It's off by two inches!  Bugger.  I take it all out and start over with an H (5 mm) hook and redo....nope, still not big enough!

Now imagine me using all sorts of fantastically British cuss words as I unravel a third time. Then I start off with an I (5.5 mm) hook.  Still. Not. Big. Enough.  So I said screw it, added another row, and voila;  Finally the right gauge!  In the time I had redone ONE square, I could have had nearly 1/4 of the required squares in that color done.  Frustrations abound...

But today is a snow day here in Northern Virginia, so I am content to sit in my warm apartment, curled up in a Snuggie on my couch and crochet the day away....And hopefully I will actually get more than one square done today!

Well, I'm off to my hook and yarn and a movie.  If you are anywhere that ot hit with snow, stay warm and have a good one.

Happy Weaving!

~Moxie


No comments:

Post a Comment