Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Updates on Projects and Life

So it's been quiet here, I know.  That's because in addition to crocheting, I've also been working on The Great Purge with the family, and doing things with family and friends.  But I've always brought my crochet bag  whenever possible!

The baby blanket is making headway. I've got 5 squares of the first color I am working on - yay!

But I thought I would share the picture of the hat I finished the other day. it's so freakin' adorable, how can I not?


TA-DA!  Adorable, right?  Not the first hat I've ever made, but the first of this kind.  I got the pattern HERE, and let me tell you, it was super easy!  I can't wait to see the pictures planned with the little girl who will be getting it!

I also decided, that in addition to the blanket, hats and booties, I am going to do a special gift for her.  But I definitely can't give it away until it's done and delivered, because I want my husband's cousin to be surprised too!  Needless to say, I was majorly surprised when my husband started giving his opinion while I was searching for a pattern.  But I am pleased to know he wanted to contribute to the cause in some way.  What a guy!  Somedays, I tell ya, I'm not sure how I managed to get such a  good man.

Now, I am sure you have been wondering about that Mystery Project I started that I had written the pattern to.  Unfortunately, Attempt 2 was very much like Attempt 1 - floppy and needed a glue wash.  It came out OK, but I had gone and ordered a different kind of material to do a third attempt with as I worked on Attempt 2.  It's thicker, stiffer, and I can only do a little at a time before my hands and wrists start hurting...so alas, you all will have to wait for pictures a little bit longer.  And the pattern too, because I have to write it down for the modified "yarn" I am using.

So, that's it for me.  Hope you all are keeping warm during the "Polar Vortex"!  I know I am, thanks to flannel sheets and the husband!

Happy Weaving!

~Moxie

No comments:

Post a Comment